Spooky season is here— and Hudson is one of the best places on earth to enjoy all the thrills and chills of Halloween!
With our historic streets and Victorian architecture, Hudson is the perfect backdrop for everyone’s favorite spooky and festive holiday.
Start the day on Sunday, October 29 at the Ghostly Gallop— a fun run and 5k race in support of the Hudson Area Library.
One of the most popular Halloween events in Hudson is our annual Hudson Halloween Parade and Costume Contest, happening that afternoon from 2pm.
Warren St. fills with ghosts, goblins, and superheroes of all ages. The parade begins at Seventh Street Park and winds its way down Warren Street— this year, the costume contest will be held at Basilica Hudson (110 S Front St.)
In addition to the parade, there are a number of other Halloween events happening throughout Hudson. Some of these events include:
- Trick-or-treating: Many businesses in Hudson participate in trick-or-treating on the Sunday before Halloween. Look for their spooky whale emblem outside their storefront to know that they are participating!
- Costume parties: Many bars and restaurants in Hudson host costume parties the weekend before Halloween. See the full listings below!
- Live performances: From live music to bone-chilling literary readings, there are many events happening throughout town all weekend long!
No matter how you choose to celebrate, you’re sure to have a spooktacular time in Hudson, NY on Halloween!
Here are some additional tips for celebrating Halloween in Hudson, NY:
- Dress warmly. The weather can be unpredictable this time of year, so it’s a good idea to dress in layers.
- Bring a flashlight or headlamp. Some of the streets in Hudson can be dark at night, especially in the more historic areas.
- Have fun! Halloween is a time to let loose and have some fun. So put on your costume, grab some candy, and enjoy the festivities.
Hudson Halloween— Trick or Treat, Parade, and Costume Contest
Sunday, October 29 starting at 2pm
Join Hudson Halloween for its annual October celebration: featuring Trick or Treating on Warren St., Costume Parade along Warren St., and Costume Contest, to be held this year at Basilica Hudson.
23rd Annual Ghostly Gallop
Sunday, October 29 starting at 10am
A yearly fundraiser for the Hudson Area Library— the Ghostly Gallop is a signature fall event in Hudson beloved for its beautiful and certified course through the city, with lots of fun family activities at the start/finish line. The event includes a Fun Run that’s free for children 12 and under (starting at 10am) and 5K starting at 10:30am.
Even more Halloween events and activities in and around Hudson, NY
A look at Halloween in Hudson during spooky season…
Subscribe to our newsletter
Be the first to know about where to go and what to do in Hudson